Monday, August 9, 2010

Guest Speaker: Art Therapy

Another BIG thank you to Ms. Bernardita Castillo  who was our second guest speaker for the Exhibition this year.  She gave us a great talk about the role of Art Therapy and  the mental health of children today.  I like seeing all the examples she gave us of the importance of art therapy from famous painters like Van Gogh all the way to the children who participate in Teletón and schools here in Santiago.  It was clear that art therapy helps balance the physical and mental health of everyone!


What were some interesting things that you learned from this guest speaker?  What was interesting to you about her discussion?  Has it encouraged you to find out more about other therapies and balance in our lives?


I look forward to reading your comments!
Miss Jessica

8 comments:

  1. I learned that art therapy is not for everyone, but it helps people and children with mental problems to express their feelings. I liked it!
    Marinacha- 5A

    ReplyDelete
  2. What I liked the most was how art therapy can help other people, but you have to like it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved the art therapy know i want to do art therapy
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. its soo cool to have many guest as we learn much more each time hehe :)....

    EXHIBITION ROCKS!!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have some cool slogans in our class that we can use. For example: Come to the green side, Health Rocks, Don't worry be healthy and also we have beat it or lets move etc.

    well, I hope you like our slogans and choose at least the one you like the most.

    Juanchi 5A

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved the teaching of art therapy I learned a lot!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't wait till we know what the final slogan is!

    -Paulina 5A

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am very happy with all this and I hope it will be better than how it is, THANK TO ALL THE PEOPLE THAT HELP US (exhibition is fun).

    BYE

    ReplyDelete